Health Physics News
Highlights of the 34-page online December 2013 issue of Health Physics News
MEMBER NEWS — Nolan Hertel, Bill Hendee, and Robert T. Shannon
- COVER — A report from C. Rick Jones on the 57th International Atomic Energy Agency General Conference, "Conducting Science in a Political Environment"
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — Our Legislative and Federal Agency Priorities, by President Darrell Fisher
- SOCIETY NEWS
- HPS Ballot Now Online
- 2014 HPS Annual Meeting–Traveling to Baltimore? Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
- Registration information for the 2014 HPS Midyear Meeting and PDS
CHAPTER NEWS — North Central Chapter, North Carolina Chapter, and South Texas Chapter
SECTION NEWS — Nonionizing Radiation Section
COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Membership Committee
AGENCY NEWS — NRC News: NRC's Donald Cool Named to ICRP Main Commission and as Chairman of ICRP Committee Four
INSIDE THE BELTWAY — The effect of the October federal government shutdown on government entities of interest to health physicists
THE BOICE REPORT #19 — ICRP Main Commission Meeting and Second International Symposium, Abu Dhabi, October 2013
IN MEMORIAM — David G. Cadena and Wayne L. Britz
BOOKS OLD, OBSCURE, OR OUT OF DATE — The Atomic Energy Commission: Its Organization and Functions
MEMBER'S POINT OF VIEW
REPORT FROM THE STACKS — Review of SuperFuel: Thorium, the Green Energy Source for the Future
- Advantages of Membership in the Health Physics Society
- Debate: "Should There Be a Dose-Rate Effectiveness Factor in Radiation Protection?"
REAC/TS — Acute Local Radiation Injury
GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — Sue Dupré
- 70th Anniversary of the Manhattan Project at the Hanford Site
- International Conference on Radiation Protection in Medicine: "Facing Increasing Challenges"
- Request for Pilot Project Proposals–Center for High-Throughput Minimally Invasive Radiation Biodosimetry
CHP NEWS — The December 2013 issue of CHP News
- News From the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging–The Image Gently Alliance
- Health Physics Society Membership Advantages
- Don't Forget to Vote and to Renew Your HPS Membership
ADVERTISEMENTS — 4 display ads and 9 short courses are offered this month.
To have Chapter, Branch, or Section News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Short Courses, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Mary Walchuk at the Health Physics News office, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 507-267-4447.
To become a member of the Health Physics Society, go to About the Society and then How to Join on this website.